You Went Under The Knife And They Changed Your Life
Surgical error lawyers see some of the most catastrophic injuries, frequently leading to death. It seems like hospitals, and outpatient surgical centers, do their best to move patients through surgery and recovery as quickly as possible. This allows them to see more patients and increase revenue. One product of this practice is an increase in surgical errors – some minor, some critical, and some fatal.
Health care providers should be held accountable when they violate establish standards of care and injure innocent patients. Our experienced legal team at Gage Mathers is well-versed in medical malpractice. We know how to pursue justice on your behalf.
Complicated Cases Require Serious Representation
Surgical errors are some of the most common types of medical malpractice cases. Some examples of surgical errors include:
- Delaying surgery
- Performing surgery on the wrong part of the body
- Performing unnecessary surgeries
- Inattentive staff or doctors
- Negligent use of surgical tools
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory and imaging studies
- Failing to follow up after surgery
- Prematurely discharging a patient
- Disregarding or not taking appropriate patient history
- Leaving surgical instruments, sponges, or towels inside the patient
- Failing to recognize a surgical error
- Damaging other parts of the body not being operated on
- Careless decisions under pressure
Surgery is not the time to cut corners, lose focus, or make avoidable errors. Surgery requires appropriate planning, including obtaining a complete medical history, reviewing all the available information, obtaining additional information if necessary, and considering the alternatives.
We Are Prepared To Help You
Sometimes the surgical error is not obvious, and these cases can be quite complex. We are experienced personal injury attorneys prepared to carefully analyze medical records, consult with medical experts, and aggressively dig for the truth. Connect with us online or call us at (602) 258-0646.